Wednesday, October 3, 2007

COLD WATER

I drew the bath at 10pm, thinking I was going to lay and relax in my bubble bath, as it's been a long week so far, and as I was waiting for the water to fill up, I realized the bathroom was filthy. I probably hadn't cleaned it in 2, maybe 3 weeks! How disgusting. There has been so much going on in my household, little things are constantly being put on the wayside. So, the clock just clanged 11 dings and I'm finally finished from floor to ceiling (ok, I didn't actually wash the ceiling), but I did everything else.

In today's day and age, I feel like I have so many expectations put on me. Why is this? Can we ever go back to "the way it was"? Do we want to? Probably not, but I do know what I'm really seeking right now in my life is balance. Balancing work, kids, family, life, friends, household, and the list goes on is my constant challenge. One week I feel like I got it, the next I'm in tears because it's witching hour with the kids (usually 4pm) and nothing is cooked for dinner.

I definitely need to sit down and figure it out, I just have to find the time. A few things the experts would probably pat me on the back for doing are 1)I've started meeting up with some other Moms and scrapbooking on a couple Friday nights a month and 2) my husband and I are starting to talk about taking a date night again once a month at least. It's a start.

Coupon #61 (Baby Steps Life Coaching) in Tiny Tots offers one free hour of self care and career/relationship stress. Now don't get me wrong, my intention on writing this article was not to promote the book, it just came to me at the end:-)

On that note, I'm really going to take that bath now, hopefully the water isn't too cold:-)

No comments: