Tuesday, April 10, 2007

SPORTS? OR NO SPORTS?

Am I trying to force my 3 year to play organized sports? What's wrong with me I wonder? My 3 yr old started LaCrosse today, me thinking it would be really fun. Him, thinking the world was coming to an end when he found out he had to put a helmet on and now all of a sudden Mr. Sing out loud so everyone can hear me, says he shy?? What the?? Anyways, we stuck it out, he put the helmet on for about 10 minutes, humored me with picking up the stick and shuffling the ball around and would not have anything to do with any of the teachers or the other 9 kids there. I'm taking a stand, we're going to tough it out for the next 4 weeks, I feel like if I don't, he'll have won. Won what though I wonder? Some Mommy power struggle or am I sublimally teaching him he can't give up? Where is the manual for kids? Has someone written it yet? Anyways, let me know where one can buy a kids' lacrosse stick and please leave feedback if you have any...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to stick it out!!! (you knew I would say that) I think a child needs to realize once they have started something they have to stick it through until the end. I know your son didn't verbally chose to do LaCrosse but when is it a better time than the present to teach this lesson? You could go the other route and continuously spend 100's of dollars on programs and your child continuously drops out mid-span and you are out your deposit and payment...
What would you rather????